allaboutgames.co.uk

allaboutgames.co.uk Discussion Board » Formats » PlayStation 2 » Test Drive Unlimited

Bassman
Post-o-holic
Member # 468
Member Rated: 4

Icon 1 posted 22 March 2007 23:41

• Profile for Bassman
  • Email Bassman
  • Send New Private Message
  • Edit/Delete Post

This is actually a pretty good game (I also have the 360 version... and a 360 currently with Microsoft for repair).

There is a much larger offline element to the game and some of the cars in the 360 are notable by their absence. There are plenty of events available for you to be able to take part in. I have not tried the online part of the game.

I am at about 70% complete and am enjoying the game other than the occasional frustration over the a few of the events, mostly sorted, though one is still proving awkward.

Surprisingly the draw distance for oncoming traffic is much better than the 360 version (even though I play it in high def).

The PS2 handles the streaming of new data as you drive very well as you drive around the island. It actually looks pretty reasonable as well. The cars when you view them are nicely done.

You get two "internal" views and the external one (ones?... I always use internal). The one with the dashboard is the one I normally use in this and it works as well on the PS2 as it does on the 360.

All cars in the PS2 version can be tuned (unlike the 360 version where the prize cars cannot be tuned). Like the 360 there is some variation in the way different cars handle.

Aylesbury
May 2003
IP:
IM:
 UIN: 162800717  Click here to contact this user via AIM This user has Yahoo! The user's handle is RogsR34UK This user has MSN. The user's handle is rogs@dial.pipex.com

Bottom Navigation Table

All times are BST

Print Topic Printer-friendly view of this topic

Copyright Information

Website design and content (c) 1999-2007 allaboutgames.co.uk.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License, except where otherwise noted.

Some screen captures on the site were made with HyperSnap-DX by Hyperionics.

Smileys taken from Crack's Smilies.