allaboutgames.co.uk

allaboutgames.co.uk Discussion Board » Formats » PlayStation Portable » Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness

Bassman
Post-o-holic
Member # 468
Member Rated: 4

Icon 1 posted 27 June 2008 16:12

• Profile for Bassman
  • Email Bassman
  • Send New Private Message
  • Edit/Delete Post

I played the PS2 Disgaea: Hour of Darkness for over 520 hours. The PSP version looks identical to the PS2 version. There are some enhancements of the PS2 version in that there is a mode where you can play a shortened version of the game with an alternate character (Etna).

I have put in around 200 hours on the PSP version and I can safely say that it is my most played PSP game.

It is a turn based strategy game with some role-playing (levelling characters etc) thrown in for good measuer. That plus a funny story line and I was instantly taken by the game. You have a pretty wide selection of character classes that you can use to create you army. When you finish the game you can restart but retain all the levels you gained on the last play through.

You have items (weapons, armour etc) that can be levelled up also to improve their stats. The best items have 100 levels (one map for each level to either beat or reach the exit of). By the time you get to the lower levels you need a reasonably strong set of characters.

You can increase the strength of the enemies and adjust other elements of the game and also gain access to some new areas.

Aylesbury
May 2003
IP:
IM:
 UIN: 162800717  Click here to contact this user via AIM This user has Yahoo! The user's handle is RogsR34UK This user has MSN. The user's handle is rogs@dial.pipex.com

Bottom Navigation Table

All times are BST

Print Topic Printer-friendly view of this topic

Copyright Information

Website design and content (c) 1999-2007 allaboutgames.co.uk.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License, except where otherwise noted.

Some screen captures on the site were made with HyperSnap-DX by Hyperionics.

Smileys taken from Crack's Smilies.